Welcome to Asian Society for Fertility Preservation.
Some cancers and cancer treatments, autoimmune disorders, genetic conditions and a womans age compromise fertility. Advances in reproductive medicine have made it possible to preserve the ability of a couple to have a child at a time of their choosing. However awareness of the science and art of fertility preservation is low even amongst medical proffessionals.
The Asian Society for Fertility Preservation is the first ever initiative by experts from across Asia to promote the science and practice of fertility preservation. The mission of the society is to increase awareness of fertility preservation amongst medical proffessionals and the public. The society will also work towards improvement of technical skills, keeping physicians abreast with latest advances in the field and research.
Aims and Objectives:
The Aims and objectives to be pursued by the society are:
- To promote the science and practice of fertility preservation in Asia including India.
- To create awareness among the medical fraternity about the advantages of fertility preservation.
- To hold conferences, meetings and discussions for dissemination of scientific information and advances in treatment in the field of Fertility Preservation.
- To create awareness amongst cancer patients of the possibility of preserving their reproductive potential.
- To facilitate dissemination of accurate information regarding reproduction and infertility related to cancer and cancer therapy to the public and cancer patients.
- To associate with and help form cancer support group in association with existing NGO's working in this area.
- To promote multidisciplinary collaborative research.
- To facilitate networking with doctors working in this field nationally and internationally.